The weather is so changeable at the moment it’s hard to keep up – from the deepest blue sky with flecks of cloud, to the darkest grey, thunderclaps and torrential downpours. I have been doing a kind of rain dance with the laundry – peg it out, run to bring it all in, peg it out once again – on repeat all day long.
Besides the raindrops on roses, a few other favourite things right now:
- sifting through old photographs
- a bundle of reserved books collected from the library
- planning and packing for a trip to Brighton
- juicy ripe yellow tomatoes picked from the garden
- summer walks
- a flurry of blue butterflies on the common (apparently the collective noun for butterflies is ‘swarm’, though I think I prefer flurry)
- listening to J. S. Bach’s Goldberg Variations: “a miniature study in elegance and other-worldly serenity” and trying to absorb some of that serenity via osmosis.
Have a lovely week. xx