A very big thank you to Rose at Bohemian Nerd and Jamie at Needle at Sea Bottom for nominating me for a Liebster award. It has been so nice to be welcomed into the WordPress community and I am grateful for the kindness shown by so many fellow bloggers. Do pop over to their blogs and say hello.
Here are the Official Rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions given at the bottom of this post and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.
- Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
- No tag-backs.
- You must tell all the blogs that you have nominated them.
Okay, so I have two sets of questions to answer… here goes with Rose’s questions:
1) Why did you start this blog? Reading so many wonderful blogs over the years is what inspired me to write one of my own initially. Learning about the different lives and thoughts of people from all over the world made me want to be a part of that.
2) What makes you smile? The antics of my kitten when she chases my children around the house, or tries to hide in the potted plants (I have some pics to show in a later post). I don’t think we ever laughed so much until she came to live with us last year.
3) What is one of your talents? Dancing. I trained for many years in ballet and other dance forms and went to a performing arts college.
4) Who is a hero in your life? I don’t know about ‘hero’ but a person I do admire would be Robert Smith of the band The Cure. He has achieved phenomenal (but quiet) success on his own terms.
5) What is a great memory from your past? A great memory would be seeing The Cure in concert at The Royal Albert Hall in 2006.
6) If the sky’s the limit, what would you like to do next? Finish writing my book, which gets picked up by a top publisher, which then hits the bestseller’s list, enabling me to take my children on a long trip around Europe… I wish! 🙂
7) What is your favorite season of the year? Hmmm, this is a tricky question because I find something to like in every season. Maybe summer – for the picnics, sunshine, and gardens.
8) What is a piece of advise you would like to share? Wait until someone has asked you three times before giving advice.
9) If you have some spare time, what do you do? Read, read, read.
10) Do you prefer a home-cooked meal, or to go out to a restaurant? Home cooked, but going out is nice too occasionally.
And now Jamie’s questions…
1) Would you stroll along a deserted beach, or sit and sun? Stroll barefoot along the water’s edge.
2) Would you go on an organized cruise, or vacation; If so, where would be your dream vacation? I prefer to make my own travel plans, but a cruise around the Norwegian fjords and Iceland would be wonderful.
3) If you are a person, who prefers self organized travel plans, where would you go if money was not an issue? Peru or maybe Canada, or Italy… but off the beaten path.
4) Would you have a travelling companion, if so who would you take? I would take my soul mate (who I have not yet met, but hope exists).
5) Do you wish your writing style were different? I’m not sure I have a writing style, so finding one would be good.
6) Do you have a favourite artist, if so which of their artworks do you really enjoy? Too too many…. Egon Shiele’s Winding Brook, Samuel Palmer’s Cornfield by Moonlight, with the Evening Star and The Magic Apple Tree, Piet Mondrian’s The Gray Tree, Franz Marc’s The Fox, Vincent Van Gogh’s A Wheatfield, with Cypresses… okay I’m getting carried away.
7) What do you do for exercise? Yoga, walk, dance.
8) Do you enjoy crafting, which are your favourite activities? I love knitting and embroidery.
9) What is your favourite vegetable and why? Kale – because it tastes delicious of course!
10) Where do you go, for peace and quiet? Home, for a walk, to the library.
11) Name your favourite author and which of their books are among the best? Hmmm.. another tricky question, too many to choose from but Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude would be one.
I would like to nominate the following blogs for a liebster award. (I completely understand if you don’t want to take part and I will not feel offended in any way if choose not to):
And these are your questions should you choose to accept the award:
- What do you do to cheer yourself up?
- Which book would you like to have written?
- Which character from a book would you most like to be?
- Name something unusual about yourself.
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Name 3 people you would most like to have dinner with?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What would you like to learn to do?
- What scares you?