~ The art of being happy lies in knowing the value of simple things ~
We all have those days when it is difficult to find any reason to be cheerful (or at least a little less miserable!). Did you know that the simple act of being thankful increases the amount you have to be thankful for?
By paying attention to the little things on a regular basis – warm blankets, a sunset, a welcome cup of tea, a flower, a smile, an Internet connection, five minutes peace, food in the cupboards – makes you more aware of just how much you have to be grateful for.
And when you are feeling down, noticing these gifts can lift your spirits.
Here’s a few things for which I am grateful this week…
- Trays of cosmos seedlings
- The sound of the rain outside
- Discovering with Jay how to put his new bmx together from scratch – with no instructions
- A handmade Easter card from Emily
- Apple and cherry blossom in the garden
- Our vegetable and fruit box delivery – such a blessing to be able to afford one of these now and again, I really appreciate it.
- Delicious and simple food blog I found: minimalistbaker.com
- Wild rabbit spotted hopping around our garden and nibbling on the chard. Somehow much easier to forgive than the slugs. Must be something to do with cuteness rating no doubt.
- Watching Les Sylphides with Carla Fracci and Rudolf Nureyev – takes me back to my dancing days. Carla Fracci is just perfect in this romantic role.
- Making pizzas today with Emily
- Playing football with Jay
- Jay practicing stunts on his new bike
- A very inspiring and true story. Read it here: Stephen’s Story
I’d like to leave you with this beautiful quote that I discovered a couple of days ago..