I have much to be grateful for; sometimes I forget that. Here are some of the small simple things that have made me smile and for which I am thankful…
- Jay’s growing interest and enthusiasm for J.R.R Tolkein’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. He has watched the films over and over, and documentaries about the making of them. Now he is reading the books.
- A new (to me) freezer for the kitchen, to replace my old leaking ‘bejams‘ relic.
- Walks around quiet fields, grey skies, blackbirds hopping beneath hedges – searching for worms, puddles and squelching boots in rain-soaked grass,
- Oatmeal for breakfast and warm sweet potato soup for tea with fresh baked bread.
- Playing with modelling balloons with Jay and Emily.
- Making popcorn and watching Monty Carlo on a Sunday afternoon with Emily.
- Planting Blackcurrant and Redcurrant plants bought from a gardener in the village. Their new roots all wrapped up in newspaper and string.
- A pile of books to read by the bed:
Wild by Jay Griffiths
The Leaderless Revolution by Carne Ross
Crafting the Personal Essay by Dinty W. Moore
Fearless Creating by Eric Maisel
Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
I will write posts on these books as I finish them. What simple things do you have to be thankful for today?